Thursday, February 14, 2013

Talislantan Space: In the Expanse

The Zaran Expanse is a region of decimated star systems and damaged worlds, the epicenter of the devastation of the Great Disaster. The area gets its name from the ancient Zaran Empire, though how much of the territory the empire actually controlled is a matter of debate. Traversing through and residing in the Expanse are a mix of species from all over the galaxy:


A Nagra bounty hunter draws on his quarry. The Nagra's "spirit tracking" ability allows them to trace the psychic ripples of their prey's passing, even across space.


A group of Zandir fencers perform an exhibition bout.



Two Batrean females run a confidence game.



A rare glimpse of a Muse Empath outside the Seven Worlds Alliance.

7 comments:

Gothridge Manor said...

Are these entries leading to a "Weird Adventures in Space"? If so, I approve!

Trey said...

Heh, well I doubt the creators of the Talislanta rpg would approve of me co-opting their IP. ;) My Pulp Space posts are a bit closer to Weird Adventures in space.

Though your suggest does make me think...

Porky said...

I approve too. A whole constellation of compatible realms.

Chris C. said...

I really like the Nagra's "spirit tracking" ability. I would not like to be on the run from this guy.

Trey said...

@Porky - Thanks.

@Bard- Yeah, the Nagra are one of my favorite of the species in Talislanta.

Brutorz Bill said...

Good stuff I'd love to see a weird adventures in Space!!! You could file off the Tal serial numbers and make it work. Pretty please!

Trey said...

@Bill - An intriguing idea, though I'm not sure that would be "Weird Adventures in Space"--I'll have to think about what that would mean.