Thursday, February 5, 2015

Strange Stars Update

With both the pdf and the hardcopy of Strange Stars out, it finally got it's first review from Eric over at the Swords & Stitchery blog. I did an interview with Chris Kutalik (author of Slumbering Ursine Dunes--on sale now!) over at the Hill Cantons blog, wherein we discuss the (probably not so secret) inspirations for Strange Stars. Right here on this blog, I've updated the Strange Stars Index page. Those updates include the last couple of posts before the release of the book and the posts I've done on adventuring in the the setting since its release.

Just because the book's out, we're not resting on our laurels. More posts are to come here and some Fate system book excerpts on John Till's Fate SF blog. Yesterday, he talked about his inspirations when writing for Strange Stars.

3 comments:

Jim Shelley said...

A very positive review that's well deserved! You really have raised the bar in the Indy publishing scene here with Strange Stars (not just for RPG manuals, but for Indy products in general!)

Needles said...

Well first of all thanks for the shout out and I'm very glad you enjoyed the review.
I agree with Jim except for one caveat, I actually think that Weird Adventures raised the bar for Indy products. But that being said, I think that Strange Stars is a very different and unique product on the rpg market.
I think that its a great break out product for you. What I really want is a whole range and expansion of Strange Stars Adventures, A Campaign Setting, & A Strange Stars Race Book, then perhaps a Companion.
I can't wait to see where you go with this material the stars really are the limit. Cheers!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

On my wish list now!