Friday, October 9, 2015

Probably Not in Strange Stars

I've talked a lot about finding inspiration in older sci-fi,  but their are some vintage TV aliens, I just couldn't fit in:

No two headed clades. Not even on Mars like in the Twilight Zone.

The Saticons from Lost in Space know how to accessorize, but well...

The Lobster Man from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea has no opposable thumbs.

Like Talislanta, Strange Stars has no elves, so these guys from the Lost in Space episode "Space Vikings" are out.

The zarbi and the menoptera from Doctor Who. What is there to say really?

4 comments:

Konsumterra said...

insect fantasies have long tradition in pantomime and theatrical arts like dance - lots in silent film

imaging hr giger and hp lovecraft redesigned the zarbi and those pussy moth men
the book is better

Dr. Theda said...

most all of these images we have only seen in Famous Monsters ... over 30 years ago... never saw "Lobster-Man" in color... Cool post...

Gothridge Manor said...

The clades! I'd forgotten about them. And I don't remember the Saticons from Lost in Space. They however, do look stylish.

Doomsdave said...

I admire the vision you have for Strange Stars; but all of these venerable creatures will immediately find a home in my universe. Incidentally I forgot how much fun Lost in Space was. Thanks