Hazandi have their own form of mysticism, which likely has its origins in the vast lands of Urda, east of the Eridan continent. They commune with their twin gods, consult ancestral spirits, and treat with lesser spirits of nature, through the use hallucinogenic substances, and ecstatic rituals. Hazandi women in particular, are held both within their culture and without, to be born with the second-sight, and ability to perceive invisible spirits. The Hazandi spiritual system is strongly aniconic, but they often scandalize other cultures with their frequent use of erotic representations, particularly of generative organs in various degrees of stylization.
Hazandi bands are often made up of a few extended families. Bands are led by a headman, but all adult members of the tribe are allowed to speak at councils. Women are usually the spiritual leaders, and magical ability is thought to pass through maternal lines. Hazandi of both sexes join secret societies whose membership reaches across bands. Each society has its role in Hazandi culture, and its own closely guarded rituals.
MANY HAZANDI (Roll d20, 3 times):
1. Can play a musical instrument.
2. Don't reveal their real name to outsiders.
3. Swear "by the holy tryst!"
4. Believe in the evil eye.
5. Wear rings on multiple fingers.
6. Can do card tricks.
7. Sing bawdy songs.
8. Will sale a nostrum remedium to anyone with any ailment.
9. Like to party with elves.
10. Seem to be related to every other Hazandi they meet.
11. Know someone who can sell you what you're looking for.
12. Speak Common with an accent.
13. Claim that talk of Hazandi thievery is a slander.
14. Have a "grandmother" with the second-sight.
15. Challenges others to knife throwing contests.
16. Has tattoos.
17. Has pierced ears and a pierced nose.
18. Can walk a coin across their knuckles.
19. Thinks Llysans are prudes.
20. Will remind Kael of their cultural blood-pact, if necessary.
SOME HAZANDI (d10, once)
1. Have the power to lay a curse upon dying.
2. Are on a secret mission for the society of which they're a member.
3. Are outcasts under a mark of death.
4. Have the second-sight (or think they do).
5. Are of another race, but were raised Hazandi.
6. Have a portentous birthmark.
7. Are running an elaborate confidence game.
8. Have taken a non-Hazandi name.
9. Always draw attention with their manner of dress.
10. Have a twin with whom they share a psychic connection (or so they say).