Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weird Adventures Update

art by Chris Huth
I thought it was time for a little update on the progress of my forthcoming Weird Adventures campaign supplement.  While it hasn't been coming along as fast as I'd like (curse you, full time job!),  at this point it's still on schedule. 

I thought I'd share part of the outline for the chapter on the (Strange) New World which is home to the City and several other locales I've mentioned here:

I.  The Union (The territories in the loose federation of which the City is a part)
  • The City [detailed extensively in its own chapter]
  • New Lludd (quaint, and decaying old Ealderish townships)
  • The Smaragdine Mountains (place of hillbilly giants, bootlegging ogres, and conjure-men)
  • The Steel League 
  • The Dustlands
  • The South (rural land stretching from the Smaragdines to vast swamps)
  • Freedonia (maverick territory on the border with Zingaro)
  • The Stoney Mountain West (vast expanses, and ancient ruins)
  • Hesperia (the once-island land of Heliotrope and San Tiburon)
II.  Borea, The North (The mostly unsettled land to the north of the Union)

III. Zingaro (The Union's revolution-torn southern neighbor)

IV. Asciana (The torrid continent south of Zingaro.  Here be lizard men.)

9 comments:

Jim Shelley said...

Good to see this outline! Borea sounds interesting!

Gothridge Manor said...

This sounds very cool Trey. I hope you give us details how it goes and what you like about it.

James said...

Cool! Do keep us posted.

Trey said...

Thanks for your continued interest, guys.

@Jim - I'm sure you like Borea, since you were the one bugging me about "What's up North?"

Who say's I'm not responsive to my audience? ;)

Unknown said...

Any chance you'll be done before my birthday (11/11)? Just kidding. Take as much time as you need. I'll be here waiting. :)

Trey said...

@Risus - If I don't have the full book done by then, I'll have you something, WA related on your birthday, how about that? :)

Alexey said...

I like your setup, particularly the broad outlining of areas and their inhabitants. I'm detailing my own setting for Labyrinth Lord, but lacking your organization. I've just been adding things as the PCs get closer to them, but I think I should generally plan things out, so that the characters can at least have an idea of what's around them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Trey said...

Monk, I assure you I'm not as organized as it might appear--but writing a supplement requires certain things. Glad I could help. :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for this!