Monday, February 27, 2012

Mention My Name in Wermspittle


Or maybe it’s better if you didn’t. I’m not sure I want my name on the twitching lips of a drug-addled veteran of the Sewer-Militia who has “seen the elephant” (and never recovered), or spoken in the harsh rasp of plague-ravaged refugee right before he chomps down on a gore worm sausage.

If you haven’t been following the fecund imagination evident in Hereticwerks then let Wermspittle be your first introduction to it. The titular Wermspittle is a dark fantasy city that burrows beneath the Dung Age right into a trippy world of parasites and pathogens--something like a Cronenberg film version of Warhammer Fantasy as written by William S. Burroughs. Oh, and build that decaying structure atop a foundation of public domain weird and scientifiction (fun and educational!).

If that sounds good to you, let me just say my high concept summary doesn’t do the depth of the setting justice. Check it out, and all the other cool stuff at Hereticwerks.

5 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

I will, I've seen the elephants on top of the turtle!

Porky said...

You did well to summarise it. Wermspittle is just outstanding, with something in a dark corner for everyone brave enough to look... To anyone who doesn't keep up with what Hereticwerks are doing, I doubt you'll regret it.

scottsz said...

I'm picturing one hell of a supplement/boxed set for W!

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

See now that's my kind of city.

satyre said...

It's excellent stuff there, and it's only a ziggurat away.

Come for the gore worm sausage, stay because trying to leave is futile on account of the Plague....