Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


It's a new year in the City, too--at least for my online game. 5889 brings the World Exposition to the City, and probably other interesting things, as well. For that new year dawning, everyone should think those forgotten (even by themselves) heroes who fight every new year's eve to save the Material Plane from chaos. It looks like they won again.

In our world, it's been a good year for me in gaming. I've got to enjoy Erik's Wampus Country, Chris's Hill Cantons, Evan's Dark Country, Jeremy's Oriaz, Humza's Bieth and renditions of Call of Cthulhu and Star Trek gamemastered by Robert and Peter, respectively. (And I'm sure I'm leaving something out there, but it's not intentional!)

My own Weird Adventures game has been going well both on G+ and face to face. I'd like to think the players: Chris (Diabolico), Patrick (Creskin), Tim (Boris), Michael (Loone), Lester (Doyle), and Peter (Lenny) online, and Jim (Prof. Pao), Eric (Jacques), Bob (Rob), Gina (Rue), and Heather (Sarah) for helping bring the City and the Strange New World to life.

Here's to another good year for everyone, gaming and otherwise!

8 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Here's to Baby Bug not being so bratty the next time you goobers game.

Happy 2013 :-)

Trey said...

Happy 2013 to you, too!

Gothridge Manor said...

It's been fun and looking forward to the new year of gaming. And to see what other stuff we can stir up in The City.

Trey said...

I look forward to more of Boris's Ruthenian pessimism.

R Parker said...

I'm glad we've gotten an opportunity to game together. You're a good dude, Trey.

Trey said...

Thanks, Robert. I've enjoyed gaming with you as well.

jbeltman said...

That reminds me, when reading through Weird Adventures about the only question I had was where does your year numbering come from? 5889 is a long time, could you explain what the starting date is please?

Thanks,

John.

Trey said...

Sure. The people of the City count the years in the traditional Ealderdish way: from the mythological (perhaps) creation of the world.