Friday, June 20, 2014

Strange Stars Covered

Over the past few of months, I've teased with art from the upcoming Strange Stars Setting Book, which is going to be a full-color, fairly art heavy (for an indie product, certainly), systemless intro to the setting that I've been chronicling on the blog. It's companion, the system book, I may have only mentioned once. I've said it is planned to be art-free and "just the data"--but that doesn't stop it from having a cool cover. Or two:


The book is envisioned as flipbook style, like the old Ace Double novels. Lester B. Portly and I thought it would be cool to have both covers be homages (and it allowed us to use the same gorgeous cover illustration by Eric Quigley in two cool ways). On the left is the cover for the Stars Without Number compatible side and the right is the Fate Compatible side (written by that FATE SF guru John Till). Both books will feature pretty much the same stuff: the game translation of most of the species, factions, and places presented in the setting book.

Stay tuned for further updates. We're hopping to get both books to you in early Fall.

10 comments:

Jim Shelley said...

Both of those covers really convey the right sense of fun and appeal to me! Excellent artwork and layout.

Tallgeese said...

I could get used to being called a guru.

Trey said...

@John - I thought you'd prefer that to "Svengali."
@Jim - Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great work.

Aos said...

I love that cover.

Brutorz Bill said...

Love the cover! Can't wait for this!

Gothridge Manor said...

Trey, both are fantastic. I think you're going to have a hit on your hands.

Tom said...

Great stuff!

It's like a Reeses Cup of my childhood, in art!

Jay Exonauts said...

Very cool, congrats to John!

Justin S. Davis said...

Oh, man.

LOVE.