Friday, August 26, 2011

'Twas Beauty that Killed the Efreet


Well, that and magical lightning bolts.  And airplanes.

Anyway, here's an excerpt from a Weird Adventures take on the cover illo of the AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide--which includes adding liberal amounts of King Kong.  This was realized by the very talented Adam Moore, and you can see a color version on his deviantart site.  Check it out.

On the subject of Weird Adventures, I'm trying to get over this last writing hill (the neighborhoods of middle and upper Empire Island)--which means I may not be around as much posting or commenting the next week or so; we'll see.

In the mean time, stroll over to Gorgonmilk and add your own creative items to the inventory of "Stuff You Might Find in a Goblin Market." 

While I'm plugging, let me suggest you take a drink from the seemingly bottomless and most definitely spiked punch bowl of weird science fantasy that is the Swords & Stitchery blog.  Needles' preoccupations with fungus, parasites, genre b-movies, and general weirdness may strain his sanity, but it's all for your benefit.  Check it out.

5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Another nicely written post, as always. Here's to finishing our crap we gotta do. Me blankets, you writing.

Have a groovy day & weekend.

The Angry Lurker said...

Nicely done.

Trey said...

@Whisk - I'll drink to that. :)

@Angry L - Thanks

Needles said...

Jeez thanks for the plug man! My sanity has always been strained.. ever since I failed my sanity roll way back in 85!

D22 Zone said...

Thanks for the update! Followed!