Monday, September 28, 2026

Wetland Maps

 I tend to pick up maps when I visit places that seem good candidates with the idea of using them in rpgs. I seldom get around to actually doing it, though I did base a faerie garden on a map of Keukenhof in a game, and I used a historic map I found online of the World's Columbian Exposition (1893) to represent, well, the World's Columbian Exposition. 

Here are a couple of maps I happened to come across online of wetland locations that I've visited.

Some of my middle school classmates and I once got chased to the refugee of the top of a picnic table in Okefenookee, here. True story.

Congaree is one of the least visited national parks in the lower 48, which is a same. It doesn't have the majesty of a Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon, sure, but it's worth a visit.

2 comments:

Kuschelbock said...

The best detail is that the party finds a gray town, a dead necromancer, a booby-trapped cave and absolutely none of what they were actually looking for.

They do, however, get acid in the face and some treasure.

Adventuring remains remarkably efficient at producing results unrelated to the objective.

Trey said...

That it does!