Tuesday, May 4, 2010

100 from the Sorcerer's Skull

This is my 100th post--somewhat artificially because I didn't want it to fall on the sarcosanct Warlord Wednesday.

It's been an interesting 127 days, particularly the past few that have seen a crude dungeon map drawn by my cousin twenty plus years ago bring in about 5200 viewers--which is around 100 times as many as I get on a usual day.

I'd like to thank my friend Jim who pestered me until I did this (so he could stop having to read my essay-like emails on gaming topics, probably), put together the banner to my specifications, and became my first follower.

Then there's the Old School Rant (now Jump) that found my "Saturday Morning Sorcery" post worth passing on, and James of the Underdark Gazette, whose generous review brought a lot of folks by.

And  of course, I'd like to thank the 41 (as of this writing) followers I've got, and the RSS feed-readers--from the ones who've been around for months, to the one's who've just arrived.  It's nice to know my ramblings have an audience.

14 comments:

Shane Mangus said...

100 posts in 127 days -- nice work! I am on post 92 and I have been blogging almost a year. You are a blogging monster!

James said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I was on 117 when I realized I had missed mine. :)

Trey said...

@P.S. - Wait a minute--are you telling me I don't have to post this often? ;)

@James - Thanks. I probably would have missed mine too, but cleaning out some almost-but-never-was post dead wood, I noticed the total number.

Brutorz Bill said...

Congrats, you've done some great posts in a short period of time.

Trey said...

Thanks, Bill. You know, I sorta feel some of my best posts--at least some of my best thought-out ones--were before anybody was really reading. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Trey, congrats on the milestone. Just want to say that I really enjoy the blog. I mean really. You've inspired many posts that I haven't written yet. I just hope that I can find the time to get to them and write them with the wit and verve that you so consistently display. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, are you posting often enough? :)
Keep up the excellent work, Trey!

Trey said...

@Risus - Thanks! It helps keeps me going to know other folks dig it.

@Vaults - If I posted any more often, I'd have to find a way to get paid for it ;). Thanks!

And thanks to all you commentors--every one of your blogs I get a lot of enjoyment from!

The Frothy Friar said...

congrats on 100! I enjoy reading your blog quite a bit. Here's to 1000 more

Trey said...

Thanks Brian, the blog appreciation is mutual!

bliss_infinte said...

Yeah, congrats! You cruised through those first 100 and it's been a very interesting read!

Trey said...

Thanks, Bliss.

Fran Terminiello said...

Congratulations! keep it up, though I don't imagine you'll have any trouble ;)

Trey said...

Why, Dungeonmum--are you suggesting I'm verbose? ;)

Thanks.