Saturday, May 1, 2010

Free Comic Book Day!


In honor of Free Comic Book Day, my friend and sometime collaborator, Jim, over at the Flashback Universe Blog, has posted a comic I wrote called Hell-bent: Infamous Monsters.  This is the first of two Hell-bent stories I wrote to actually see completion.  Both feature the exploits of former Rough Rider, Sam McCord, and his gang of eclectic troubleshooters--Turner the former buffalo soldier, Pursuivant the wealthy adventuress, Alba the laconic Apache, and Morgan the sharpshooting movie cowboy--in the years just prior to World War I.

This story finds McCord and his crew facing off with an unusual Los Angeles gang that might be somewhat familiar.

The comic was illustrated by the very able, Diego Candia, with lettering and production design from Jim.

So anyway, check it out here with the Flashback Universe web comic viewer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Once again, you're making me want to dust off my Silverlode game (if only for conventions). Buffalo soldiers, vampires, Rough Riders... it's all there. I love it.

Trey said...

Thanks. The high concept for this was The Wild Bunch meets The A-Team vs. the Universal Studios monsters.

Brutorz Bill said...

Most excellent! But poor Franky got whacked! ; )

Trey said...

Thanks, Bill. Hey, he had it coming. ;)