Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weird Adventures Update: Monsters

Art by Seth Frail
With Halloween approaching, I’ve been thinking about monsters and the monster chapter of Weird Adventures.

“Thinking” only, because I’m currently writing the section on the Strange New World (from whence the Borea post--just in time for yesterday’s Canadian Thanksgiving). That is, when I’m not working on upcoming presentations and research projects. or getting ready for community forums, and all the other things required in a demi-academic, public sector career--which all seem to have fallen in the current month...

Where was I? Oh,yeah. Monsters. So, in addition to the hobogoblins (ably rendered above by Seth Frail), we’ll feature the black-dust elementals, nightmarish bugbears, theatrical ghouls, and two varieties of zombies I’ve discussed here. There will also be monsters I haven’t touched on yet: hit-fiends from the Hell Syndicate, the mischievous, electric elemental gremlins; goons (of the non-human variety), and (perhaps soon to appear here) the militaristic Demon-folk of the far eastern Demon Isles.  All statted for use in your old school rpg, but adaptable to whatever game you fancy, of course.

Stay tuned for more updates.

5 comments:

JF said...

Hit-fiends...militaristic (Far East) Demon-folk...very psyched! ETA on Weird Adventures yet?

Anonymous said...

Great ideas as always, looking forward to learning more about the newly mentioned monsters. Hit-fiends in particular sound like fun.

John Matthew Stater said...

I like the sound of it.

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to this!

Trey said...

Thanks guys.

JF - I'm looking at winter now. I think I'll have all the writing done by late fall as I planned, but the wrangling of art, proofing and layout deserve more time than I was initially alotting. We'll see.